Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Secret


Image from thesecret.tv

About a month ago I caught an episode of Oprah about the book "The Secret". I only saw bits and pieces of it but I loved the idea of making a board with all the things you want on it. "The Secret" really starts to make sense when you really think about. The law of attraction is real and we are constantly attracting to ourselves the things we think about.

I started reading the book and my boss saw I was reading it and told me he had the video. A few days later, he lent it to me and I've watched a few times since. I've tried to get my Mom and boyfriend to watch it. My Mom is a little more difficult to convert but Adam really liked what he saw and heard. The book is the same exact thing as the DVD. I preferred reading the book and then watching the DVD to really soak up everything.

The first week or so was easy with the positive thinking. I would wake up every morning and think "today is going to be a good day". "The Secret" teaches you that you can only control what you do and how you feel, you can't control other people. I understand that, but it's difficult to stay positive when you have people around you who are negative. Whenever I go to either of my jobs, the people I'm surrounded with are just not happy people and it gets kinda difficult to stay positive.

I've kinda faded out of being in "The Secret" mode. I want to get back in it thought because it made me feel really good. I've always said "it's only as big of a deal as you make it out to be" and "The Secret" sort of reinforced that for me. If you haven't read or seen the movie, you can visit the website and learn more.

No comments: